The Secret Life of Trees
Explore the forests of the world, with Oakheart the Brave
Publisher:Quarto Publishing PLC
Published:18th Aug '20
Available to order, but very limited on stock - if we have issues obtaining a copy, we will let you know.
Take in the knowledge and wisdom of a wise old oak tree as he shares with beautiful illustrations, science facts and folk tales what he has learned in his 500 years on earth.
My arms stretch out all day long.
I can be climbed,
but I’m not a mountain.
What am I?
I am Oakheart,
the oldest tree in the forest!
Did you know that trees can talk to each other? Or that the oldest living thing is a tree? Let the ancient and mysterious Oakheart, the oldest and wisest tree in the forest, lead you through this enchanting guide to trees.
In The Secret Life of Trees, Oakheart the Brave shares his own experiences as well as what he has heard on the wind and the things whispered to him by animals over his long life, beginning with his start as a tiny acorn buried underground by a mouse. Learn all about:
- How trees grow and survive
- The different parts of trees, inside and out, and what they do
- The many different types of forests and trees of the world
- The tallest, oldest, biggest and widest trees
- The creatures and organisms that depend on trees
- Why trees are so important to humans
- Tips on how to help trees thrive
- Tree folklore from around the world
"Each turn of the page offered something different and creative, it was interesting to see what would appear next!" - Izzy Bean, Armadillo Magazine